Wednesday, July 10, 2013

ANIMOTO

Today was a day of experiential learning. Not being a tech savvy person I struggled with ANIMOTO and was not able to finish my GOSPEL video project. I was amazed by the expediency with which I was able to learn and utilize the ANIMOTO product. Additionally I was impressed with the final products my classmates were able to create in such a short amount of time.

I was immediately present to the reality that I am profoundly moved by music. This element of each production altered how I responded to each short film. For me the soundtrack was just as significant as the images.

Although each video was unique, I noticed common themes in them centered on community, relationship, and nature. Whether it was a turtle swimming (Linda), a group of rowers working in collaboration (Mel K.) or folks dancing in the church aisles (Marshan) --- there was a grand sense of interconnectedness. These images embodied the Gospel to me in new ways. I appreciated seeing the gospel in a contemporary context. I think it would be valuable to see the Scripture narratives filmed in a modern way. Perhaps this will be my next creative endeavor.

Thank you for being in community with me today . . .

HERE IS THE LINK TO MY VIDEO

http://animoto.com/play/qRxnQtWoPpzmceFZY2XXHA



2 comments:

  1. Great job! I loved the music that you chose. It was reverent and uplifting to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete